Have you ever been on a journey you did not really want to go on? Did you override your concerns just in case this was the way to go?
On a hot Sunday afternoon a family set off to the small town of Abilene. By the time they arrived everyone was hot and bothered. No one knew whose idea it was in the first place.
- This is called the Abilene Paradox and illustrates how senior teams often struggle to manage expectations setting them on a road where no one would otherwise have gone.
- Our Abilene Paradox Workshop provides clear guidance in how to reach authentic, sound agreements in the best interest of team and the organisation.
- Identify instances where leaders have gone on an Abilene trip.
- Learn practical techniques and practices to manage expectations.
- Build capability in managing conflict and lack of agreement.
- Build capability in how to reach authentic agreements.
- Reframe overall objectives for the greater good of the organization.
Who could benefit:
- Board of Directors
- Senior Teams
Your team will be able to:
- Gain awareness into when they embark on an Abilene trip.
- Stop the car and regroup.
- Have straight conversations about expectations.
- Manage conflict.
- Manage agreement.
- Reach authentic agreements for optimum performance achievement.
Structure: 1 day session
Request a Call Back
Fill in your details below and we will call you back.